I want to share with you some simple things you can do that will not cost the Earth.
The secret of creating a beautiful planting display by your front door.
I would like to share with you what I feel is a very important gardening issue in 2021.
I recently was on a vacation and came across some very unattractive looking huge brick, newly built properties.
Of course they will take time to blend into the landscape.
See the steps below.
1.Think about the position, is it sunny or shady?
2. If there is space you could have tallish planters with summer flowers like verbena bonariensis, poppies and grasses perhaps.
Pic: climbing rose
3. Stand outside the front of your property and see what it looks like with no greenery.
4. As there is not likely to be a lot of space, think about a few ‘standard’ trees or roses either side of the front door.
5. Something like bay trees, known as ‘standards’ look like lolipop shapes.
They always looks very formal if well pruned into a nice ball shape.
Pic: Pine Tree
6. Something that is symmetrical would look really good and break up the colour of the red bricks.
7. These ‘standards’ are grown for some years so you will need to pay more for them than you might think.
8. Do you want something scented?
9. Do you just want year round colour?
10. Do you want to share the cost with your neighbours and spend a bit more?
Follow these tips and ask me if you need
any more advise.